Search This Blog

6/25/2019

Star Struck...

Well, the clouds parted this weekend and I actually witnessed some stars in the night sky (although it was WAY past my bedtime!)

So let's build some blocks. This week we are going to use the 4-patch units and the V-Block units to make 12 each 12-1/2" star blocks like this:


Each star block is comprised of 5 each 4-patch units and 4 each V-Blocks and that is it. Easy right, RIGHT?

Full disclosure this is what the back of my blocks look like:


I like to build my blocks from the bottom up. Don't know exactly why, I guess because I can actually remember "Bottoms Up!" No further explanation on that bit of info!

You see the bottom row is pressed toward the V-Block...the center row is pressed toward the V-Block...and you guessed it the top row is pressed toward the V-Blocks. And yes, I did spin my seams. The top right and the bottom left both spin COUNTER clockwise, while the top left and the bottom right spin clockwise. This is what works for me to get the flattest block possible. Will it work for you? Uhmmm, I think so?!?

My apologies for the less than stellar pics this week. You may have noticed we have been rained on pretty consistently this week again. Hey, Ms. Crew, what are we going to do with the rest of these blocks? Patience my little chick-a-dees, patience. We will work with those next week.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment